There may be some underlying reasons why you cannot link your debit card. Here are the most common:
- You have an outstanding advance. Klover does not allow debit cards to be edited in the app when there is an outstanding advance (until the advance is over 45 days past due, then you will be able to edit your card).
- You aren't pre-approved, meaning our system is still gathering and sorting through your data.
- The debit card is associated with a different checking account (maybe connected to a reserve or growth account). The debit card must be linked to the primary checking account on file.
- You have a negative balance in your bank account. Some debit card providers will deny linkage due to this.
- Your bank servers may be down, which provide connection to your bank account and debit card.
- Your bank may not be a participating institution (we have partnerships with many banks, but not all, and partnerships can change daily)
- You are adding a credit card, and not your debit card. We do not accept credit cards.
- Your debit card is expiring within the next 45 days.
- Your debit card is a temporary, or prepaid debit card, both of which are not accepted.
- You are entering an incorrect CVV code and/or card number. Please double check this information!
Finally, your debit card may still be processing! Please allow 3-5 business days after inputting your debit card information into the app before trying to link it again. This will give our system time to verify the debit card. If none of these situations apply to you, or you have waited 5 business days and it is still not linking, please reach out to us here!