You can add your debit card right from your dashboard in the app. Follow these steps:
1. Select settings (little person icon in the right hand corner)
2. Select Debit Card
3. Enter your debit card information
Debit cards can take up to 3 business days to be successfully verified.
**Please DO NOT relink your card before it finishes the verification process! You will receive a notification to your phone once your debit card links successfully. If your debit card fails, you will receive an in-app message, and you can attempt to link it again at that point.**
Having trouble? There may be some underlying reasons why you cannot link your debit card:
- You have an outstanding advance. Klover does not allow debit cards to be edited in the app when there is an outstanding advance (until the advance is over 45 days past due, then you will be able to edit your card).
- You aren't pre-approved, meaning our system is still gathering and sorting through your data.
- The debit card is associated with a different checking account (maybe connected to a reserve or growth account). The debit card must be linked to the primary checking account on file.
- You have a negative balance in your bank account. Some debit card providers will deny linkage due to this.
- Your bank servers may be down, which provide connection to your bank account and debit card.
- Your bank may not be a participating institution (we have partnerships with many banks, but not all, and partnerships can change daily)
- You are adding a credit card, and not your debit card. We do not accept credit cards.
- Your debit card is expiring within the next 45 days.
- Your debit card is a temporary, or prepaid debit card, both of which are not accepted.
- You are entering an incorrect CVV code and/or card number. Please double check this information!
Finally, your debit card may still be processing! Please allow up to 3 business days for your debit card to complete the verification process.
Why does the debit card verification process take so long?
The debit card verification process can take up to 3 business days to complete. This may seem like a long time to wait, however, our system is confirming multiple different things to ensure your debit card will link successfully. Here are some examples of what might be happening with your debit card during this period of time:
- Confirming Klover is able to sustain a connection with your debit card issuer
- Confirming the debit card is linked to the primary bank account you have linked to Klover
- Confirming the debit card is an active debit card (not expired or shut off)
- Confirming the debit card is not temporarily locked and is working properly
- Confirming the debit card is able to receive funds by depositing a few cents ($0.01 - $0.09)
- Confirming Klover is able to withdraw funds from the debit card by debiting a few cents ($0.01 - $0.09)
If you have waited 3 full business days and your card has still not linked successfully, please reach out to us by selecting the "Help" button in the bottom right hand corner of this screen.
At this time, the Klover Support team is unable to manually verify debit cards for security reasons. We do apologize for the inconvenience.